The ‘Khanan Prahari-The App ’ refers to the services being provided through Ministry of Coal. Khanan-Prahari mobile application is a tool for reporting any illegal coal mining incident through geotagged photographs as well as textual information by any individual.
Against any reported incident of illegal mining via Khanan Prahari – The App mobile application, a reference number gets generated and related information reflects on CMSMS web portal directly. The reported incidents willbe analyzed and suitable action would be taken by concerned authorities. The action taken can be viewed on the CMSMS website using allotted reference number.
A. What all types of information are collected from you?
• Your personal, location, device and other similar information may be collected. The information collected by us shall depend on the type of support and services being used by you and may vary from time to time. Any change of the policy will be intimated to you through the electronic mode of communication (email, sms, etc).
• Your usage details may be used for the necessary analytics purpose as required by Ministry of Coal related to tracking and reporting of any incidence.
B. How do we use Your Personal Information and/or collected usage data/statistics?
(I) Your Personal Information shall help us :-
• To contact you in case of any doubt/query pertaining to complain registered by you using this mobile application. To customize the service(s) offering and enhance your experience in future.
• Device and location information shall help us in identifying the location wherein illegal coal mining incident is taking place and reporting it to the authority to take necessary action to stop such illegal activities.
C. How do We handle/manage your Personal Information?
• All your personal information shall be stored in a secured manner and can only be shared with the designated authorities who might need this information in case of any emergency and to provide you the required services.
• None of your Personal Information shall be shared with any other individual and/or any other party without your express consent except that required by or under applicable laws
• Except for the purposes mentioned above, most of the collected Personal Information shall only be used for user categorization/classifications for the purpose of analytics for providing better services.
• When you may use theKhanan Prahari -The App mobile app, then you may be needed to provide your personal information such as mobile number andlocation and any information that may be required by us for allowing you to access the Khanan Prahari -The App and for availing the services offered on the App/Portal.
• We collect information such as location and mobile number. However, no attempt is made to link these with the true identity of individuals visiting the Khanan Prahari-The App or Portal.
• We do not share/ disclose any information with any individual or organization (public or private) unless and until it is required by law or it is authorized by the account holder.
(I) Personal Information collected may be used by Khanan Prahari -The App and its registered Service Providers inter alia, for:-
• Providing services to you and/or facilitating services delivery.
• Sending promotional features/materials to you regarding Khanan Prahari and services offered from agencies in Ministry of Coal
• Enhancing the efficiency/quality of services offered by Ministry of Coal
• Detecting, investigating and preventing activities that may violate Our policies or that may be illegal or unlawful
• Conducting research or analyzing the user preference, demographics as statistical data and not as individual data
• Any purpose as may be required under applicable laws.
(II) Personal information as submitted and/or captured may be shared with law enforcement agencies and other Government departments if the Ministry of Coal has a good faith/ belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:-
• Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request;
• Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations;
• Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
• Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of users or the public as required or permitted by law.
D. It will be a constant endeavor to protect the system from unauthorized access or unauthorized alterations, disclosure or destruction of information. In particular, all the information will be stored in a Secured manner as permissible under the law.