Use of GIS in Informed Planning & Decision Making
The National Conference on GIS (Geo-Spatial Information System) that is an integral part of the Digital India programme was held on 20th of February, 2015 under the Co-chairmanship of Secretary, Department of Electronics and IT and Secretary, Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India, in order to examine the strength and utility of GIS technologies in the resource planning and management in public systems.
The main objectives of the workshop are:
- To understand the GIS concepts, tools and techniques. To provide an exposure to the digital image processing techniques for the analysis and classification of satellite data
- Methodology of using multi-purpose 2D/3D/4D, standardized, authenticated, common field level geo-spatial databases
- National GIS platform. To understand the data, analysis & management of spatial and non-spatial data and its integration
- To showcase various innovative/best practices on use of GIS technologies in various sectors and assess the replicability in different States to enhance service delivery system.
- To provide an opportunity to share experiences of the participants related to their specific work and to use GIS for more productive and systematic spatial analysis